4th Stage Prostate Cancer – Information about This Deadly Stage of the Disease
Prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed type of cancer in US men. It is only second to Lung Cancer as the highest killer of cancer-related diseases for men in the US.
African Americans are more at risks of being diagnosed of this condition than other races like Caucasians and Hispanics. That said, it is important gear up with all relevant information about this disease.
There is lots of information about prostate cancer and one that will catch your interest is information about 4th Stage Prostate Cancer. This stage of prostate cancer is the most deadly and result to low survival rates of the patient. The following are more crucial information about the 4th Stage Prostate Cancer you really need to know.
For a start, prostate cancer is the type of cancer that slowly progresses from the cells of the prostate to other parts of the body. In some patients, the symptoms do not appear until after many years. The symptoms grow in stages based on the diagnosis done by the doctor, pathologist, or urologist.
The PSA level, Digital Rectal Exam, and tissue biopsy are the diagnostic procedures used to determine the staging of the cancer. Also readings from the Gleason Score are applied to determine which stage is the prostate cancer.
There are four stages to prostate cancer, Stages 1, 2, 3 & 4. The 4th stage is considered the most advanced stage of prostate cancer. In this stage, the following are very common:
- The cancer has spread beyond past the prostate gland to other vital organs in the body. This spread include nearby tissues like the bladder, rectum, pelvic wall, etc.
- The cancer has spread to bones and the spinal cord.
- The individuals with stage 4 prostate cancer experience pains in the lower abdomen, bones, and other parts of the body.
Treating the 4th Stage Prostate Cancer
Treatment of 4th Stage Prostate Cancer is done by hormone therapy, chemotherapy, and in combination with external beam radiation. The use of different drugs can still be applied as treatment option for this type of cancer.
How other stages of cancer spreads to 4th Stage Prostate Cancer
Cancer originating from the prostate can spread to other parts of the body through invasions of surrounding healthy tissue, through invasion of the lymph system and through invasion of veins and capillaries that travel from the blood to other places.
Finally, the 4th Stage Prostate Cancer is the most dangerous form of prostate cancer. You can check for more information about this stage from other articles in this website. Moreover, you can visit your doctor for more helpful information about this stage of cancer.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Stage IV Prostate Cancer 2b Survival – Any Hope of outsmarting the disease?
- Last Stage Of Prostate Cancer As above – The Prognosis Of The Disease
- Whats Prostate Cancer Treatment of Advanced Stage Disease
- Deadly Facts about Prostate Cancer You MUST Know
- Prostate cancer Information – How to Get It
- Information of Prostate Cancer Symptoms
- Prostate Cancer Metastasis Organs – Stage by Stage
- What Is The Fifth Stage Of Prostate Cancer?
- Stage IV Prostate Cancer Facts You Should Not Forget
- Final Stage of Prostate Cancer – What Are The Final Stages Of Prostate Cancer?
- Prostate Cancer Information – Important Guide To The Condition
- Survival Stage Iv Prostate Cancer
- Where To Get Prostate Cancer Information
- Stage IV Prostate Cancer 2b Prognosis
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Prostate Cancer