Prostate Cancer Research Institute (PCRI) – Its Role to the Public
Individuals and families that have been affected prostate cancer in any way can get support from organizations that aim at eliminating this disease in the lives of men for good. One of such organizations is the Prostate cancer Research Institute. You can utilize the services this institute provides to bring relief to those suffering by cancer of the prostate. Here is an article that highlights the role of the Prostate Cancer Research Institute (PCRI) to the public.
The Mission of PCRI
The mission statement of this organization states: The Prostate Cancer Research Institute aims to improve the quality of men’s lives by supporting research and disseminating information that educates and empowers patients, families and the medical community. By this it means that individuals, their family members, and health care providers are provided invaluable information about the disease that gets them educated. Research efforts are supported so as to find permanent solution to the menace of prostate cancer.
How the PCRI achieves its objectives
The prostate cancer research Institute organizes conferences, seminars, publishes newsletters and news to the general public on the condition. It accepts donations and funds research efforts for the discovery of drugs, treatments, and solutions for the disease. The events are organized periodically and donors are accepted from people of works of life. So, this organization is among many others that have really put the interest of prostate cancer patients at heart.
Prostate cancer affects millions of people annually, it has been confirmed that it is second highest killer of men related disease after Lung cancer. It is disease whereby those affected experience growth of tumor on the cells of their prostate gland. This tumor begins to cause pains and difficulties when the person urinates and has sex. The symptoms may include severe pains, presence of blood in urine and semen, etc. The cancerous cells can spread to other organs in the body causing damage to them and making the survival rate of the person to lower.
The risk factors of prostate cancer include: age, genes, diet, race and medication. The known treatments include: radical prostatectomy, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, vaccine therapy, and immunotherapy.
Many are not aware of the risk factors, treatments options and other important developments about prostate cancer. With the help of organizations like the Prostate Cancer Research Institute, you would be enlightened about this disease. For more information, visit the website of PCRI.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- American Cancer Society Prostate Cancer Research and Academic Study and Research
- The Role of Vitamin E in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- The Role of Rutin in Prostate Cancer Intervention
- Prostate Cancer Help – Getting Prostate Cancer Treatment At The OHSU Cancer Institute
- The Role Of GLA (Gamma-linolenic acid) In Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Prevention Nutritional ? The Role Of Diet In Prevention Of Cancer
- The Role Of GABA (Gamma-amino butyric acid) In Prostate Cancer – Causal Or Curative
- The Role of Vitamin D in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- Agent Orange Prostate Cancer – The Role It Plays In The Disease
- Latest Prostate Cancer Treatments – Latest Research and Development
- Latest Research – Vitamin D Can Lower the Risk Of Prostate Cancer