Nutritional Steps You Can Take to Prevent Prostate Cancer
Many men are often diagnosed with cancer of the prostate. This type of cancer is slow growing, originating from the cells of the prostate gland and spreading to other parts of the body.
Most men diagnosed with this condition are well past the age of 50 but some younger men are still being diagnosed. Apart from the age factor, some other risk factors for this condition include: family history, genes, diets and race etc.
If you think you are likely to be diagnosed with this type of cancer as result of your family history, lifestyle or race, then you need to take proactive steps to prevent this condition. Here are some nutritional steps you can take to avoid being diagnosed with cancer of the prostate.
Prostate cancer prevention Foods to eat
The following foods should form major part of your nutrition so you can lower your chance of being diagnosed with prostate cancer. These foods include:
- Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, etc
- Fish like albacore, salmon, sardines, and tuna.
- Tomatoes or foods rich in tomato sauce
- Flaxseeds and walnuts
- Low fat foods
- Soy products like soy beans and tofu
- Red wine and green tea
- Dietary supplements rich in different types of Vitamins and Minerals. The helpful vitamins in this case include: Vitamins A, B, C, D and E. The minerals include Calcium, selenium, magnesium, etc. Some amount of Zinc and Copper are also needed to help prevent cancer cells from developing and growing from the body. By and large, supplements help to promote and improve anti-inflammatory and therapeutic functions in the body.
Prostate cancer prevention – Foods to avoid
While the above foods and supplements can help to prevent prostate cancer in the body. There are certain foods that are No-No for you. These must be avoided or minimized if you want to be prostate cancer free. The avoid list include:
- impure water like fluoridated water or chlorinated water
- preservatives and artificial sweeteners
- hydrogenated fats
- Refined starch and sugar
- Intake of alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco(active or passive)
- amalgam mercury filings
So, with the above dietary tips you can prevent prostate cancer to some extent. More especially if you have a family history or you could be susceptible to other risk factors. You can combine good and healthy diet with good lifestyle and exercise.
Conclusively, prostate cancer can be prevented if the nutritional steps above are applied. You can get the help of dietician or nutritionist to know what it right for you so as to possibly prevent cancer of the prostate.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Nutritional Prostate Cancer Treatment and Nutritional Health for Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Prevention – Effective Steps You can Apply
- Cancer Prevention Prostrate – How to Prevent Prostate Cancer
- Practical Measures You Can Apply To Prevent Prostate Cancer
- Approaches That Can Help You Prevent Prostate Cancer
- Nutritional Prostate Cancer Treatment – Does Good Nutrition Help?
- 3 Effective Ways to Prevent Prostate Cancer
- Alternatives Treatment for Prostate Cancer ? Nutritional and Herbal Remedies
- Cancer Prevention Prostate – 3 Effective Ways To Prevent Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Prevention Nutritional ? The Role Of Diet In Prevention Of Cancer
- How You Can Prevent Prostate Cancer Recurrence
- How To Prevent Prostate Cancer? Watch Your Weight and Diet.
- Can Sex Prevent Prostate Cancer?
- Helpful Nutritional Tips after Undergoing Prostate Cancer Treatments
- Prevent Prostate Cancer With Coffee – New Study Says YES