Virus Used to Cure Mice of Prostate Cancer – Could be Helpful in Humans
In the quest to find the best cure and permanent cure for prostate cancer, many studies and research are still ongoing. In one of these studies, scientists from the British University of Sheffield has successfully used virus to cure prostate cancer in mice sample.
This is a breakthrough research that could possibly make the treatment of prostate cancer in humans with the use of virus to be possible. A recent online article posted in plenglish.com (December 22, 2012) confirms this new research. In the online extract, the following details were provided: A virus cured prostate cancer in mice, according to the results of a study published in the Cancer Research magazine.
Scientists of the British University of Sheffield masked the virus for the white corpuscles not to destroy it and it could be introduced into the tumor.
For this, the researchers took blood samples to extract the macrophagic cells of the immune system, among which they managed to disguise the virus.
The mice with prostate cancer were shot with white corpuscles two days after they finished a chemotherapy treatment.
In that part of the treatment, each white corpuscle was carrying just one pair of virus, which replicated once they entered the tumor and killed the cancer cells.
After 40 days, the mice treated with the virus beat cancer. Mice under a different treatment died.
Although the results of this study are encouraging, the scientists clarified that it is necessary to be cautious, because studies tested in animals do not work with humans.
However, this research shows the use of a virus to fight tumor could increase the effectiveness of conventional treatments against cancer.
“If this treatment is successful in humans, it could be a significant progress in the search for better therapies for men with prostate cancer that has reached the bone,” said Kate Holmes, head of research of Prostate Cancer in the United Kingdom.
Conclusively, hopefully the use of virus could be a most effective treatment option that could help to cure cancer of the prostate in many human patients just as it was successful in mice.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Connection Between XMRV Virus and Prostate Cancer – The Complete Story
- Honeybees Compound reduces Prostate Cancer in Mice
- Only A Few Know This New Prostate Cancer Research Information
- Prostrate Cancer Cure – How To Cure Prostate Cancer Naturally
- Cancer Cure Prostrate Treatment – Is There Really a Prostrate Cancer Cure?
- Is Prostate Cancer Cure Possible? -1
- Is Prostate Cancer Cure Possible? -2
- Calcium and Prostate Cancer – Quick and Helpful Information
- Cure Cancer of the Prostrate
- What Others Won’T Tell You About Prostate Cancer Cure Rate
- Important Factors To Consider If You Want To Cure Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Cure – Really?
- Helpful Nutritional Tips after Undergoing Prostate Cancer Treatments
- After prostate cancer – Helpful Advice for dealing with Erectile Dysfunction
- Best Hospitals for Prostate Cancer – Helpful Facts on These Treatment Centers