Stress is not good for Prostate Cancer Patients – Study Reports
A new study has come up with a conclusion that stress could be very dangerous for men with prostate cancer. This conclusion was made after a research was carried out on effects of emotional stress on mice that have prostate cancer compared with mice in a placebo.
Hints on this study have been published in the online edition of the KSBY.com dated January 25, 2013. Extracts from the online post you will find revealing include: Reducing stress can improve the prognosis of prostate cancer patients.
A new study looked at the effects of emotional stress on mice with prostate cancer, which is associated with higher levels of anxiety.
Researchers found stress not only accelerated the cancer, but it also reduced the effectiveness of the medications used to treat it.
When mice were given beta blockers to alleviate their anxiety, stress did not trigger tumor growth.
Researchers say prescribing beta blockers for prostate cancer patients may boost the effectiveness of typical anti-cancer treatments.
Conclusively, this is another important angle to prostate cancer treatment. If stress medications can be effective in the treatment of prostate cancer then it would mean that additional treatment for cancer tumors that originates in the prostate has been developed. Hopefully, the findings of this research would speedily be validated.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Stress Drugs Could Help Lower Incidence of Prostate Cancer – Study
- Drinking Tea Can Lead to Prostate Cancer! – A New Study Reports
- Study Suggests Androgen Deprivation May Do More Harm than Good in Men with Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Cancer Patients Can benefit from Anti – Androgen Treatment as Prostate Cancer Patients
- Vitamin D And Calcium Supplements Pose Health Risks For Prostate Cancer Patients – A New Study
- High Fat Diet May Promote Prostate Cancer – A Japanese Study
- New Study Recommends Continuous Prostate Cancer Therapy to Improve Survival Rates of Patients
- Preventing Prostate Cancer – One more Good case for Tomatoes
- Study Reveals High Fiber Diet Reduces Progression of Prostate Cancer
- Robotic Prostate Surgery Yields Better Survival Rates Than Radiation Treatment – A World-Renowned Prostate Cancer Expert Reports
- Virus Used to Cure Mice of Prostate Cancer – Could be Helpful in Humans
- Saturated Fat, Meat, Diary, Eggs Increases Mortality for Prostate Cancer Patients
- Breakthrough Prostate Cancer Animal Study
- Inositol Hexaphosphate (IP6), Compound in Fiber Helps in Stopping Progression of Prostate Cancer