Stress Drugs Could Help Lower Incidence of Prostate Cancer – Study
There are a number of factors that have been linked with prostate cancer but a few of these have been linked with stress.
Yes, stress is now linked with prostate cancer as a new research conducted by Researchers at Wake Forest University has suggested. You may want to know more about this study, and here are facts from an online report dated January 28, 2013 at the Ivanhoe.com
In 2012, there were over 200,000 new cases of prostate cancer in the United States and over 28,000 deaths. Now, new research has found that men who take drugs that interfere with stress hormone adrenaline have a lower incidence of prostate cancer!
Researchers at Wake Forest University examined the relationship between stress and cancer progression in mice with prostate cancer.
George Kulik and his colleagues found that mice who have been subjected to stress, in their case they were exposed to the scent of a predator, had a noticeably reduced response to a drug that induces cancer cell death compared to the control mice.
The administration of the adrenaline also blocked cancer cell death. Drugs that inhibit adrenaline signal effects of stress on prostate cancer.
Researchers believe that their findings suggest that beta-blockers, which are used for the treatment of high blood pressure and block adrenaline effects, could increase the efficacy of anti-cancer therapies.
Conclusively, it’s quite interesting to know that research is linking stress with prostate cancer. Although this might not be completely new, the fact remains that increased levels of stress in the body could trigger many conditions in the body.
If eventually the medications used for stress work on those with prostate cancer, then there would be more treatment options for those suffering from this condition.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Multivitamins Intake May Lower the Risk of Prostate Cancer – A New Study
- “Homing Beacon Drugs” that Target Only Prostate Cancer Cells are developed by Researchers
- Drinking Up To Six Cups of Coffee Can Lower the Risk Of Prostate Cancer
- Researchers Discover New Clue Liking Prostate Cancer with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS)
- Latest Research – Vitamin D Can Lower the Risk Of Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Incidence Diagnosis and Treatment
- Prostate Cancer Incidence Rate and Treatment in Europe
- A New Combined Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer Is Safer and Offers Lower Risk of Reoccurrence
- Two New Prostate Cancer Drugs Can Extend Life For Men If Combined
- Protein Compositions in Gene Alterations Could Lead To New Discoveries in Drugs And Diagnostic Methods For Prostate Cancer