Prostate Cancer Awareness – You Must Support the “Blue” For Prostate Cancer
September is prostate cancer awareness month.
Many programs and activities are already taking place nationwide to promote awareness and pass the most important messages of prostate cancer causes, prevention, symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.
More significantly is for men to show support for the power of Blue. Yes, blue is the color of support for prostate cancer just as pink is that for breast cancer.
The following excerpt highlights more details about taking steps to join the bandwagon and take necessary action about prostate cancer.
As National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, September shines a spotlight on this “blue” men’s disease — to give hope, make a difference and save lives. That starts with awareness – but of what? What about prostate cancer must be conveyed to men of all ages — all backgrounds? And how can the symbolic blue truly stand for something that makes a difference and moves people to action?
This September as I crisscross the country to raise awareness, I ask that you join me to make that difference, by sharing the message that:
* Prostate cancer is not solely an old man’s disease.
* Prostate cancer prevention starts when men are boys.
* Men of all ages must learn of an “anticancer” approach via preventative dietary and lifestyle habits, as well as embrace annual screenings.
The symbolic blue has such meaning. That is the difference we long to make. That is the color of our unity.
Blue is our knowledge. Blue is our empowerment. Blue is our action.
When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer at age 35, I knew nothing about this dreadful disease — the most commonly diagnosed “male cancer” in America.
But most men my age don’t either.
Yet I’m living proof that prostate cancer is not an old man’s cancer — and that prostate cancer can be defied.
Let’s reach other men in their 30’s — or younger – with a proactive approach, to commit to action — now.
We must change this. We can. And we will.
Please join me in this new awareness — this new hope — and let’s grow our blue movement and make a difference.
…go BLUE! Source.
So, the above excerpt has summarized it all. It is important to go for the “Blue Cure” and show your support for prostate cancer.
The American Cancer Society has estimated that about 30000 men will die of prostate cancer in 2012. With awareness and proactive steps men can get better understanding of how to prevent and treat this condition.
More so, this awareness campaign is not only for those directly affected, every family should be involved because this disease can impact the lives of immediate family members, friends, and colleagues of the affected persons. So, join the “Blue” movement today!
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Prostrate Cancer Awareness Pins and activities – Should You Get Involved?
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Bracelet – It’s Significance
- Prostrate Cancer Awareness – Don’t live In Ignorance
- Many People Are Still Ignorant About Prostate Cancer Awareness
- Prostate Cancer Awareness With The Pony Express
- You Should Be Aware Of The Importance Of Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- ‘The Reluctant Brotherhood’ – A Prostate Cancer Support Group Unites Members
- Bracelet Cancer Prostate Silicone
- Prostate Cancer and Bone Health – Dr. Samadi Calls for Increased Awareness and Comprehensive Treatment