Pamorelin LA, a Locally advanced Prostate Cancer Drug Launched in India
In India, a new drug ‘Pamorelin LA’ has been launched by a drug firm called Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories. This new drug is launched and would be marketed under license agreement with the manufacturer Debiopharm Group of Switzerland.
Pamorelin LA is effective in the treatment of localized advanced prostate cancer or metastic, hormone-dependent prostate cancer.
This means that many with prostate cancer in the advanced stages can take advantage of this drug. More details of the launch of this new drug have been released online and highlights are provided below:
Drug firm Dr Reddy’s Laboratories today said it has launched a cancer drug ‘Pamorelin LA’ in the country under an agreement with Switzerland-based Debiopharm Group.
The Hyderabad-based firm has launched Pamorelin LA in India on December 3, 2012, under an exclusive marketing and sales agreement with Debiopharm Group, Switzerland, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories said in a statement.
Pamorelin LA is used for the treatment of locally advanced or metastatic, hormone-dependent prostate cancer, it added.
“Pamorelin LA will be imported in bulk from Debio Recherche Pharmaceutique. It will be made available primarily to urologists and oncologists across India,” Dr Reddy’s said.
The company’s scrip closed at Rs. 1,837.10 on the BSE, down 0.56 per cent from its previous close.
Conclusively, if you have prostate cancer that has been diagnosed to be metastatic, this new drug could be administered by your urologist or oncologists. Prostate cancer affects millions of men worldwide.
The National Cancer Institute estimates that approximately 29,000 men with advanced or aggressive prostate cancer may likely die from it this year in the United States. Many men in India are still diagnosed with this condition. You can get more details about this drug from the Hyderabad-based firm.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Abiraterone Launched in Malaysia – Hope for Prostate Cancer Patients
- Bayer New Prostate Cancer Drug
- Cancer Drug New Prostate – New Drug for Prostate Cancer
- New Most Powerful Prostate Cancer Drug?
- New Drug Derived From Poisonous Weed Treats Prostate Cancer
- Enzalutamide (MDV3100) – a New Drug from Medivation, can Increase Lifespan for Men with Terminal Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Drug Ban for NHS To Be Reversed By NICE
- Phase I Clinical Trial Successful For An Aggressive Prostate Cancer Drug
- Novel Drug Used on the Lockerbie Bomber Too Expensive for Prostate cancer Patients
- Zytiga – New Prostate Cancer Drug From BTG
- The Efficacy of Capesaris to Be Tested On Advanced Prostate Cancer
- New Drug KBU2046 To Contain Metastases of Prostate Cancer
- New Drug, Cabozantinib Helps Improve Improvement in Bone Scans For Prostate Cancer Patients