New Drug, Cabozantinib Helps Improve Improvement in Bone Scans For Prostate Cancer Patients
Cabozantinib is a new drug that is manufactured to work as a second line of treatment for men with castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC). This is the level of cancer that is known to highly aggressive and could no longer respond to hormonal treatments.
This new drug has being revealed in a new research to checkmate the effects of prostate cancer that has spread to the bones.
The research reveals that about two thirds of the patients treated with Cabozantinib showed remarkable improvements after bone scans where conducted on them. An updated article posted December 5, 2012 on ZeeNews.com reveals some details of the research conducted by experts from the University of Michigan Medical School. According to the David C. Smith, professor of internal medicine and urology who led the study, “The effects of cabozantinib on bone scans are unprecedented in the treatment of prostate cancer,”
Furthermore, details of how this new drug works were described in the article. Two of the passages reveal: Cabozantinib is designed to target two important pathways linked to the growth and spread of prostate cancer. The drug had the most effect on tumors that had spread to the bone, which is the major site where prostate cancer spreads, according to a Michigan statement.
These tumors are typically very challenging to treat once they become resistant to hormone-based therapies. In addition to the improvements on bone scans, 67 percent of patients with bone ache reported an improvement in pain control and 56 percent cut down or eliminated painkillers after treatment with cabozantinib.
Conclusively, these new drugs have really shown to be effective in treating men with aggressive prostate cancer. The findings of the Michigan study have been published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology reports.
This new drug is a step higher to treat cancer of the prostate, which the American Cancer Society estimates may kill 28,170 men and of which 241,740 Americans would be diagnosed of this year.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Viagra Helps To Improve Sex Lives Of Prostate Cancer Patients
- Cabozantinib Shows More Efficacy in Treating Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (CRPC)
- Cabozantinib (XL184) effective in Treating Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (CRPC) – Study
- Abiraterone Now Available in Malta to Improve the Lives of Prostate Cancer Patients
- New Oral Drug Helps in Delaying the Spread of Prostate Cancer
- Bone Scan Interpretation In Prostate Cancer – How This Diagnosis Is Carried Out
- Prostate Bone Cancer – A Comparison
- New Study Recommends Continuous Prostate Cancer Therapy to Improve Survival Rates of Patients
- Novel Drug Used on the Lockerbie Bomber Too Expensive for Prostate cancer Patients
- Bone Cancer Prostate – Prostrate Cancer and Bone Cancer
- Why You Need A Bone Scan Prostate Cancer
- DNA Test Helps to Predict the Outlook for Patients with Prostate Cancer
- Bone Metastasis of Prostate Cancer – Important Tips That Many Don’t Know
- Bone Scan Results In Prostate Cancer – Reading and Interpritation
- Bone Scan For Prostate Cancer – An Essential Diagnostic Test For Prostate Cancer