Early Diagnosis of Prostate Cancer Improves Survival Rates for Men – Cancer Research UK
Cancer Research UK, a UK charity, recently reported that by 2015, one in seven boys will born at the time, will be diagnosed with prostate cancer.
This is a shoot from the data reported in 1990 when one in 20 men suffers from the disease. The summary of this fact is that in 2015, the number of diagnoses will treble.
This report has made headlines across the world as many experts, families, patients, and those who care for their health have made comments and decisions based on the new facts.
Moreover, another aspect of the report which should still be of importance for all to note is the fact that survival rates for prostate cancer over the last few years have increased. This means that the number of deaths has decreased. Now, the report is stating that the reason for the decline is because increased diagnosis or screening.
Neeraj Shahane of Top News submitted an online post in which details of this optimistic news has been shared. In the post submitted January 24, 2013, the following excerpts revealed the impact early diagnoses have made on prostate cancer survival rates:
Professor Malcolm Mason, prostate cancer expert for Cancer Research UK, said the UK is finding number of prostate cancer cases rising. Along with this, rate of diagnosis has increased, thus reducing number of deaths due to prostate cancer. According to him, an extensive research is taking place in the field of diagnosis. Researchers are looking for better methods than the PSA.
Research reveals that survival rates of cancer are improving in the UK. From 1989 to 1991, the death rate was more but from 2008 to 2010, death rate dropped by 18%. Most likely reasons for this drop can be attributed to early diagnosis, which improves the probability of survival. As treatments are available after diagnosis, more people are surviving.
In conclusion, there is no doubt that prostate cancer survival rates have increased over the last couple of years. Thanks to the good use of the Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) test. However, more still need to be done to help prevent the increasing diagnosis of men with this condition.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Prostrate Cancer Survival Rates and Prognosis
- Prostate Cancer Survival Rates In United States
- Prostate Cancer Survival Rates United States – Learn More
- Prostate Cancer Survival Rates
- Robotic Prostate Surgery Yields Better Survival Rates Than Radiation Treatment – A World-Renowned Prostate Cancer Expert Reports
- Enzalutamide Improves Survival for Castration- Resistant Prostate Cancer in Phase III Clinical Trial
- Why Hormone Therapy For Prostate Cancer And Survival Rates
- New Study Recommends Continuous Prostate Cancer Therapy to Improve Survival Rates of Patients
- The Rate of Survival For Prostate Cancer And Other Cancers Increases – Australian Study
- Zytiga Shows Efficacy in Blocking Advanced Prostate Cancer and Improving Survival Rates of Patients
- Married Men Have Better Survival Rate for Prostate Cancer
- Study Shows PSA Testing Improves Life Span for Prostate Cancer Men, as the American Cancer Society Slams the Findings
- Radiation Treatment after Prostatectomy Improves Prostate Cancer Results for Men – Study
- Diagnosis And Treatment Health Prostate Cancer – Early Screening
- Factors That Can Influence Prostate Cancer Survival Rate