Important Questions You May want to Ask Your Doctor about Prostate Cancer
If you have been diagnosed with prostate cancer, there are question you should ask the doctor so you know what next for you. These questions can be asked at the moment when the diagnosis was made, or you can take your time and book an appointment with the health care professional. Below are important questions relating to cancer of the prostate you need to ask your doctor about.
1 – What is prostate cancer? – The doctor should be able to give you and overview of this condition. Why it occurs, when it occurs, and who is likely to be affected? Etc. In summary, the doctor will give you an overview picture of this type of cancer originates from the gland and affects the life of the person.
2 – How reliable are the tests for prostate cancer? – Here the physician should tell you about the various tests that are conducted to diagnose cancer of the prostate. These diagnostic methods include the PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) test, Digital Rectal Examination (DRE), and tissue Biopsy. The reliability of each of these tests should be explained to you.
3 – What stage is the cancer that has been diagnosed in your prostate? – With this question, the doctor can explain to you the various stages of prostate cancer. He should be able to provide you with the prognosis of what that stage entails for you in the nearest future.
4 – What are the possible treatments for my prostate cancer? – The treatment of prostate cancer takes many forms, and depends on the age of the person, the stage of the cancer, and some other factors. Explanations of the possible options and the side effects should be provided.
5 - What would be the cost of undergoing any particular treatment, in terms of finance, side effects and long term consequences?- The doctor should also be able to provide you with quick details on the cost implications for undergoing various treatments such as radical prostatectomy, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, Cryotherapy, hormonal therapy, and some other types of treatments.
There could be many other questions you may want to ask the doctor concerning prostate cancer. The above questions can, at least, give you idea of how to start off. In the course of explanations, you would be prompted to ask the doctor to give you more explanations on certain issues. So, be ready to ask more questions and get treated of prostate cancer.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Prostate Cancer Questions You Should Ask Your Doctor
- Prostate Cancer Questions to ask Your Doctor – Interesting Tips
- Questions To Ask the Doctor on Prostate Cancer – and the Answers
- What To Ask About Prostate Cancer -Questions and Likely Answers You Will Get from the Doctor
- Questions to ask doctor prostate cancer – After Diagnosis
- Prostate Cancer Questions You Should Ask Your Doctor – and All the Answers
- Prostate Cancer 2b Aggressive 2b Questions 2b Doctor
- Important Factors To Consider If You Want To Cure Prostate Cancer
- These Prostate Cancer Questions And Answers Can Help You Too
- What to Ask About Prostate Cancer – Questions and Answers
- Prostrate Cancer Herbal Remedies That Work – Important Issues Arising
- Is Prostate Cancer Test Important?