Deadly Facts about Prostate Cancer You MUST Know
Millions of men today are affected with prostate cancer and many do die from the symptoms. It has been proven that, at the moment, prostate cancer ranks second place as the most deadly cancer disease for men. Lung cancer is toping that chart. Therefore, getting all necessary information about this scourge for men can help improve your survival.
By prostate cancer, we mean malignant tumors that originate from the cells of the prostate gland. This gland forms part of the reproductive system in men as it helps in supplying the fluid that transports sperms during ejaculation. When the cells of the prostate are attacked by cancer, they tumor may gradually spread to other parts of the body. In most cases normal or healthy tissues are affected.
You need vital information about this disease so you can get proper treatment. The following are some deadly facts about prostate cancer you really should know:
- Prostate cancer can spread from the prostate gland to other parts of the body. It can damage vital tissues or organs such as the nymph nodes, lungs, kidneys and bones.
- Aggressive prostate cancer lowers the chances of survival of the man.
- African American men are more at risk of being diagnosed with prostate cancer than any other race.
- Men who are more are approaching 50 years and above are likely to diagnose with prostate cancer.
- PSA test used as screening tool for prostate cancer may show false-positive result which may not be relied upon to determine whether a person has prostate cancer or not.
- The exact reason why cancer attack the cells of the prostate is not known yet, however researches on the causes have identified certain risk factors that may lead to this condition. These risk factors include age, diet, family history, race, Medical exposures, and viral infections. Among these factors, age and genetic connections seem to cause the disease more.
- Treatments for prostate cancer may lead to the removal of the prostate gland. Surgical removal of this gland as treatment procedure may result to side effects like urinary incontinence and erectile dysfunction.
- Some forms of prostate cancer are known as castration- resistant cancers. These are cancers that are no longer responsive to hormonal treatments.
These are deadly facts about prostate cancer you really MUST know. Having known them, you should take positive steps to ensure your survival. Early detection and effective treatment can help to extend the life of the patient.
No Related Articles.