Basic Statistical Facts about Prostate Cancer Revealed
Prostate cancer originates from the prostate gland and could spread to other parts of the body. It is a type of cancer that causes difficulties and pains when the person affected wants to pass out urine or ejaculate during sexual intercourse or otherwise.
When this cancer gets to an advanced state, it may cause bone pains and damage to other vital organs or tissues that are close and far away from the prostate gland. Hence, the nymph nodes, kidney, liver, pelvic bones, etc could be all affected with aggressive cancer cells originating from the prostate gland.
The numbers of men living with prostate cancer in the United States and in other parts of the world is something to worry about. This is because most men that have been diagnosed may die from this scourge every year. It is possible you don’t really know about the prostate cancer statistics. Well not everyone really knows except you care. Here is a piece of article that highlights basic statistical facts about the prostate cancer. You are going to find these facts quite informative and revealing.
- Prostate cancer is the second highest killer of all cancer diseases in the United States. The highest killer is lung cancer
- Most men in the United States are having prostate cancer. The most popular cancer that men have in the United States is Skin Cancer.
- Statistics from the latest report from the American Cancer Society estimates that about 28170 men will die of prostate cancer in 2012. Also, the report estimates that 241,740 new cases of cancer of the prostate are going to be diagnosed.
- Prostate cancer affects mostly old men. Those who are 60 years and above are most the most diagnosed.
- The average time of diagnosis for most men with this condition is around 65 years of age.
- In their life time, 1 in 6 men can be diagnosed with autism.
- About 1 in 36 men die of cancer of the prostate.
- In the United States, 2.5 men who have been diagnosed with this condition are still living.
So, from the statistics above, you truly get to know to that prostate cancer is not a disease that should be toyed with. It grows slowly and destroys your chances of survival. If detected early, it can be treated with effective treatment options like radical prostatectomy, robotic prostatectomy, radiation therapy, and Cryotherapy. Other forms of treatments like hormone therapy, chemotherapy, etc could be effective to treat advanced prostate cancer.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Prostate Cancer 2b Bone Mets 2b Mortality – The Basic Things You Should Know
- Prostate Cancer Facts And Statistics Of Importance