The Benefits of Using the Da Vinci Prostatectomy
Da Vinci Prostatectomy is a state-of-the art surgical system whereby a computer controlled robot is applied to remove the prostate gland that has been affected with cancer.
The system has features that are different from what obtains in conventional open surgery better known as the Radical Prostatectomy. Da Vinci is a robotic assisted prostate cancer surgery and for years many men have benefited from its application as surgical treatment option.
If you have been diagnosed with prostate cancer and the doctor is recommending Da Vinci Prostatectomy as treatment for you then you stand to enjoy the following benefits:
Less pain – The procedure does not involve cutting up large parts of your body so as to get rid of the prostate gland. Instead, small incisions are made and this implies little or no stitures that could cause pains for you.
Less scarring – The incisions made with Da Vinci prostatectomy are small and will not cause scarring on the body like it would for those who have undergone other types of surgery to get rid of localized prostate cancer.
Less blood loss – It is logical that since many blood vessels where not cut during the process, blood loss would be mimimal.Precision and accuracy are the watch word when robotic assisted procedure like the Da Vinci is carried out. So, only the necessary incisions are made and even when there is blood loss, the volume is just insignifant to cause any worry for the patient.
Faster recovery and short hospital stay – This type of prostate cancer can be carried out within the shortest possible time. You can be operated on the same day and get discharged on same day. In addition, the procedure makes it easy for you to recover fast from the treatment. This is made possible because more nerves and blood vessels surrounding the affected gland are spared during. Little damages (if there are any) are done on the surrounding tissues, and this would spur up the treatment time.
So, the Da Vinci Prostatectomy is a procedure that can provide you with better quality of life. The side effects of open surgery like incontinence, erectile dysfunctions, blood loss, etc are minimized with this approach is applied.
In conclusion, if you are interested in the Da Vinci prostatectomy, you should find out from the doctor if you are actually a candidate for it. Men who are more than 70 years of age may not be the right candidates for this treatment.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Da Vinci Prostatectomy – Da Vinci Prostate Surgery
- The Benefits of Undergoing Laparoscopic Robotic Prostatectomy
- Prostate Cancer Robotic Surgery and Success Rate – The Da Vinci Procedure
- Radical Prostatectomy And Erectile Dysfunction as possible side effects
- Most Common Prostatectomy Prostate Surgery – Salvage Prostatectomy
- Most Common Prostatectomy Prostate Surgery
- Prostate Cancer Treatment – Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy
- 4000th Robotic-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy to Be Performed By The Inventor Of SMART
- Prostatectomy Prostate Cancer – Its Effectiveness And Side Effects
- Radical Prostatectomy And Erectile Dysfunction
- Life After Prostate Cancer Surgery – Side Effects Of Radical Prostatectomy
- Post Prostate Cancer Surgery Orgasms – Orgasming After Prostatectomy
- Radical Prostatectomy Cancer of the Prostate and Erectile Dysfunction
- Prostatectomy Impotence And Percentage Errors