Zoladex Prostate Cancer – Hormone Treatment for Advanced Prostate Cancer
One of the discoveries made by researchers of prostate cancer is that tumor growth in the prostate is promoted by increase in the amount of the hormone testosterone.
With this discovery, it becomes necessary to develop treatments that would inhibit this male reproductive hormone. Hormonal Therapy is therefore applied to treat prostate cancer, especially when it is in the advanced stage.
Zoladex (Goserelin) is one of the many kinds of medications administered in the treatment of prostate cancer. It is hormonal therapy and promises better treatments and cure for the patient. If you are looking for basic information about this hormone therapy, this article would be of great help to you.
Zoladex is also called Goserelin. It a hormonal treatment used in the interference of the production hormone in the body. People with prostate cancer, breast cancer, and so other conditions that are stimulated by hormone production are treated with Zoladex. In other words, this medication is known as a luteinizing hormone (LH) blocker.
This means the drug acts to stop the pituitary gland in the gland from triggering the release of the sex hormones in both men and women. For men, the testicles are hindered from producing male sex hormones testosterone. For women, the ovaries are stopped from producing the female sex hormone estrogen.
How Zoladex (Goserelin) is administered
Zoladex is administered as injection given to patient every four weeks or in 12 weeks period. The drug is injected under the skin. A doctor can administer this medication as treatment for locally-advanced prostate cancer or for metastatic prostate cancer. It can be administered alone or in combination with other treatments like surgery and radiation therapy. In addition, the treatment period varies and it may depend on your physical condition.
Possible side effects of Zoladex
There are side effects associated with the use of Zoladex (Goserelin) in the treatment of prostate cancer. Some of the more common ones include:
Tumor flare, loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, bone thinning, breast tenderness, sore joints, skin rashes, weight gain, fatigue, Hot flushes, increase in the blood sugar levels, and increase in the risk of heart disease, etc are some of the possible side effects of the use of these drugs. However, the sides effects of the use of Zoladex can be treated or managed by your doctor, who can apply relieve medications or measures for you.
Finally, these are some basic information you need to know about Zoladex. For more information on this drug, visit the website of the manufacturers.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Zoladex To Treat Prostate Cancer
- Millions Of People Don’T Know About Prostate Cancer Hormone Therapy
- Hormone Treatment Prostate Cancer Information
- Are You Searching For Hormone Treatment Prostate Cancer Osteoporosis?
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Hormone
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Hormone Therapy
- Hormone Therapy 26 Prostate Cancer
- Hormone Treatment For Prostate Cancer
- Hormone Treatment and Radiotherapy in Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Hormone Therapy Treatment
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Hormone – Hormone Treatment for Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Hormone Therapy Treatment
- Cryotherapy: A Better Curative Treatment than Hormone Therapy For Prostate Cancer
- How Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer (HRPC) is Treated
- Why Waiting For Advanced Prostate Cancer Treatment Can Be Disastrous