Possible Side Effects of Hormone Therapy For prostate cancer
The increase in the level of the hormone testosterone can result to high risk of prostate cancer in body.
Therefore, the administration of anti-androgens or combined androgen blockade medications can help treat symptoms relating to this hormone in patients diagnosed of prostate cancer.
In most cases, prostate cancer that is diagnosed in the advanced stage is hormonal related and treatments tend to suppress or inhibit the growth of the hormone in the body.
While most of the hormonal treatments are very effective when applied solely or when combined, they still bring about some side effects. It is important that you understand some of the side effects of hormone therapy and these are what this article is all about. It provides with some useful details on the possible side effects of hormone therapy.
Important facts to note on the side effects of hormone therapy
First off, it is important to understand some side effects of hormone therapy may go away on their own once the body readjusts. You should call the attention of the doctor if you are not feeling comfortable or are experiencing severe pains as result of the medication. As a matter of fact, if this treatment interferes with you daily life, then you really need to take action by first alerting your doctor and following all recommendations provided.
The good thing is that some medications or treatments can help to relieve these symptoms. So, you need to be positive when following the directives of the doctor before, during and after treatments.
Possible side effects of hormone therapy listed
The list of the side effects you may encounter while undergoing hormonal therapy include:
Nausea, constipation, diarrhea, insomnia, dizziness, headache, loss of appetite, impotence, lack of sex drive, and breast tenderness, etc are the major side effects of undergoing hormone therapy. Less severe side effects include drowsiness, dryness of mouth, bloated gas, indigestion, chest pain, shortness of breath, yellowing of the skin, numbness of hands or legs, depression, black or tarry stool, coughing, facial swelling, dark urine, unusual bleeding, etc.
The list above is inexhaustible and these are experience by individuals in different ways. Some are common while some are uncommon. Two patients are not the same, and it is possible that the doctor may ask you to discontinue the use of a particular medication for prostate cancer. This decision can be reached if the side effects become more life threatening.
Finally, you should talk to your doctor about these side effects so that he can direct you on what to or how to get relieved of the symptoms.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Side Effects Of Prostate Cancer Androgen Hormone Therapy
- Prostate Cancer Androgen Hormone Therapy Side Effects
- Side Effects Of Prostate Cancer Androgen Hormone Therapy and Androgen Independent Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer – Side Effects of Radiation Therapy
- Prostate Cancer Treatments Side Effects
- 4 Major Side Effects of Advanced Prostate Cancer
- 4 Conventional Prostate Cancer Treatments And Their Side Effects
- Side Effects of Radiation for Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Treatment And Possible Side Effects
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Complications and Side Effects
- Prostate Cancer Surgery Side Effects – That You May Know Nothing Of
- New Prostate Cancer Treatments Promises Fewer Side Effects
- Prostate Cancer Hormone Therapy Treatment
- Reducing the Side Effects of Prostate Cancer Treatments with HIFU
- Radiotherapy Prostate Cancer Treatments and Side Effects