How Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer (HRPC) is Treated
If prostate cancer is in the advanced stage, prescriptions of hormone therapy could be done. In this case, treatments that can reduce the level of testosterone hormone in the body are applied. It has been researched that most men diagnosed with prostate cancer have high level of testosterone in their blood.
Hence, it has been confirmed also that this hormone encourages the growth of cancer cells in the body. So, hormone therapy is usually applied to reduce this hormone and the effect it has promote cancer that form from the prostate gland.
Hormone therapy can fail for some people and in this case, their condition is considered hormone -refractory. In other words, the cancer no longer responds to the hormonal treatment applied on them. Hormone-Refractory Prostate Cancer (HRPC) often occurs in the life of most people diagnosed with aggressive, metastasis, or advanced prostate cancer. The antiandrogens treatments applied are resisted by the cancer. Another name for this type of cancer is hormone resistant prostate cancer.
If you have been diagnosed with prostate cancer, and you want to learn about how the Hormone-Refractory Prostate Cancer (HRPC) is treated, here are some highlights on some of the most effective treatments often recommended.
- Chemotherapy drugs like Jevtana and Docetaxel are known to help improve the conditions of those with Hormone-Refractory Prostate Cancer (HRPC). Studies have shown that these medications can increase the life span of the patients for several months.
- Bisphosphonates, which is a medication that can be used to relief the symptoms of aggressive prostate cancer that have affected the bones. This medication is therefore, helpful when dealing with the effects of Hormone-Refractory Prostate Cancer (HRPC). Pains and other symptoms can be checked when this medication is applied.
- Apart from the above forms of medications to fight-off hormone resistance prostate cancer, there is a new vaccine that has shown promising effects against HRPC. This is called Provenge. It has been approved by the FDA as a vaccine that helps to spur up the immune system against the spread of cancer cells in the body. Most doctors can apply this medication to counter the effects of Hormone-refractory prostate cancer (HRPC) in the body.
Finally, although there is still no concrete treatment for Hormone-Refractory Prostate Cancer (HRPC), a lot of researches are on going to discover new promising agents, medications, and therapies that would eventually provide permanent cure for Hormone-Refractory Prostate Cancer (HRPC). Consult with your health care provider for more details on this type of aggressive prostate cancer.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Chemotherapy Prostrate Cancer for Hormone Refractory Metastatic
- Cancer Hormone Prostate Refractory and Chemotherapy for Hormonal Refractory Prostate Cancer
- How the Various Stages of Prostate Cancer Are Treated
- Hormone Treatmentand Radiotherapy in Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Hormone – Hormone Treatment for Prostate Cancer
- Hormone Treatment For Prostate Cancer
- Cryotherapy: A Better Curative Treatment than Hormone Therapy For Prostate Cancer
- Hormone Treatmentand Radiotherapy In Prostate Cancer
- Hormone Treatment Prostate Cancer Information
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Hormone Therapy
- Side Effects Of Prostate Cancer Androgen Hormone Therapy and Androgen Independent Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Hormone
- Are You Searching For Hormone Treatment Prostate Cancer Osteoporosis?
- Hormone Treatment and Radiotherapy in Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Hormone Therapy Treatment