Prostrate Cancer Diagnosis Symptoms – 4 To Be Aware of
There are many symptoms that are attributable to prostate cancer. If you wait to start having these symptoms, then it’s likely that the cancer has spread. But if you go for tests early and the cancer is detected without any signs and symptoms, then it’s in the early stages and can be effectively treated. If your prostate gland is affected with cancer tumor, then your doctor may carryout diagnosis to confirm the condition.
The following are four popular diagnoses carried out to detect prostate cancer:
1. A PSA test – This refers to Prostate Specific Antigen and it is a protein enzyme that is naturally produced by the prostate. A higher than above level of PSA in the blood indicates that the prostate is infected, enlarged, or has become infected with cancer tumor. The PSA test is performed by the use of blood samples.
2. Digital Rectal Exam (DRE) – This is another diagnosis carried out to confirm the existence of cancer in the prostate or not. This is a procedure whereby the doctor inserts gloved fingers into the rectum to feel the presence of enlarged prostate. It is a physical diagnosis, which allows the doctors to check for any signs of cancer.
3. Biopsy- This is a diagnosis carried out to confirm the presence of cancer. In this procedure, some tissues of the prostate are taken as samples and examined under the lens of a microscope. It is usually carried out if it is confirmed that you might have prostate cancer by other diagnosis like PSA test or DRE. Biopsy is good when finding out the stage that the prostate cancer has progressed to in your body.
4. Ultra sound scanning – This is used to find out if the cancer has metastasized to other part of the body like the bones and cardiac area or not. Specific equipment is used to conduct the scan.
These are four popular diagnoses for prostate cancer. Your physician will determine which of the procedures will be applied to you. So, discuss with him about the pros and cons of any of these diagnosis procedures.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Symptoms
- Symptoms Diagnosis and Treatment of Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Symptoms – Importance of PSA Count
- Prostate Cancer Symptoms Screening and Diagnosis
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Symptoms and Treatment
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Symptoms and Signs
- Prostrate Cancer More Conditions Symptoms
- Prostrate Cancer Symptoms – Symptoms of Prostrate Cancer to look out for
- Prostrate Cancer Symptoms – DON’T Wait Until It’s Too Late
- Symptoms of Prostrate Cancer
- Prostrate Cancer Symptoms
- Cancer of the Prostrate Warning Signs and Symptoms
- Tips On Prostate Cancer More Tests Diagnosis
- Only A Very Few People Are Aware Of This Prostate Cancer Fact