Understanding Complementary and Alternative Therapies for Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer is a slow growing cancer that can take about ten years to show its peculiar symptoms after diagnoses. It has been recorded by experts in the United States that one in six men are likely to be diagnosed of this condition in their life time.
This cancer is the second commonest type of cancer after skin cancer and second most deadly after lung cancer. With these details, it becomes necessary to take treatments of prostate cancer very serious.
While conventional treatment approach has been effective in treating prostate cancer, complementary and alternative therapy are equally effective in ensuring that the prostate tumors are reduced or the symptoms relieved. That said, it is important that we understand some of the best complementary and alternative therapies that can be applied to treat cancer of the prostate.
What complementary and alternative therapies mean
By complementary and alternative therapy for prostate cancer we are looking at two types of therapies. On the one side is “complementary” therapy. This is simply a treatment procedure that can be combined with other treatments for effective results.
On its own, complementary therapy is not conventional treatments accepted and approved by doctors, but it can be combined with conventional procedures. Alternative therapy is the second type of therapy. This therapy is administered alone and is not combined with conventional medications.
Examples of Complementary and Alternative therapies for prostate cancer include:
- Dietary Changes
- Hormonal balancing
- Intravenous Minerals and Vitamin Drips
- Stress management training s
- Sunlight exposure
- Oral Nutritional Supplements etc.
Among these options dietary supplements are widely used as treatment of prostate cancer. Intake of oral supplements that contain the following nutrients can help prevent and relieve symptoms of prostate cancer:
- essential fatty acids
- Vitamin A,B, C, D, and E
- amino acid
- Enzymes, etc
These can be given in pill, capsule, or liquid form. There are hundreds of products out there that contain nutritional supplements containing one or more of the above vitamins and minerals.
Other forms of complementary and alternative therapies can still be applied to improve the health of the patient of prostate cancer. As long as these do not involve the usual treatment of radical prostatectomy, radiation treatment, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, Cryotherapy, or active surveillance, etc.
Finally, ensure you get approval from your doctor when taking any complementary and alternative therapy.
This HUGE 4+ Year Old Prostate Cancer Victory Authority Website:
(95% of these 1,000+ Prostate Cancer Articles on this website
are written by our Expert In -house Writers, after lots of research.
The remaining 5% are news articles and videos from relevant sources!)
- Prostate 2b Cancer 2b Alternative – Claims Of Alternative Cures For Prostate Cancer
- Fighting Prostate Cancer With Alternative Medicine
- Fighting Prostate Cancer With Alternative Medicine and Methods
- Highly Effective Therapies and Prostate Cancer
- Alternate Treatments Prostate Cancer – More Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Cancer Cure Prostate – Unconventional Treatments that Work?
- Prostrate Cancer Therapy – Therapies that work
- Alternative Cancer Cure Prostate Treatments
- Cancer Curing Prostate – Curing Prostate Cancer by Alternative Medicine
- Prostate Cancer Alternative Medicines and Treatment
- 4 Prostate Cancer More Alternative Medicines and Treatment
- Do You Know This About Alternative Prostate Cancer Treatment?
- Prostate Cancer Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Medicine For Prostate Cancer
- Fighting Prostate Cancer With Alternative Medicine and WILL Power