There are many forms of complementary treatments for prostate cancer, and one of the most effective options is the use of Zyflamend. This is a herbal extract treatment made in capsules of pill forms.
About ten herbs were extracted and combined to produce this herbal treatment. If you are looking for information about prostate cancer, then you probably would come across the term Zyflamend Prostate Cancer. This term links Zyflamend as a treatment option for cancer that erupts from the cells of the prostate gland.
The following are some of the more basic things you really need to know about this natural treatment for prostate cancer.
For a start, prostate cancer affects thousands of men in the United States and other parts of world. As many as 30,000 men in America are expected to be diagnosed with this condition this year. Although it is a slow growing cancer, it causes death in patients when it spreads or metastasizes to other parts of the body.
Zyflamend is a natural herbal preparation made in pill or capsule form. It has the potency to promote healthy response, thus encouraging proper growth of the cancer of the prostate. Researchers from popular research centers like the Cleveland Clinic, Columbia University, and the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center have provided some proofs that Zyflamend helps in the inhibition of the cancer tumors that affect the cells or tissues of the prostate gland. More details about this herbal treatment include:
Herbs used in the Manufacture of Zyflamend
There are about ten herbs which were widely researched and their contents extracted to produce Zyflamend. These include: Holy Basil, Ginger, Green Tea, Turmeric, Oregano, Chinese Goldthread, Hu Zhang (Polygonum cuspidatum), Rosemary, Scutellaria, and Barberry. Each of these herbs play unique role in treating cancer. They come as herbal leaves, roots, and rhizome.
How Zyflamend works against prostate cancer
The herbs used in the making of Zylamend have been carefully selected and blended to support healthy inflammation of cells. Most of the herbs are phytonutrients which help to detoxify bad cells and promote the growth of new ones. Majorly, what this herbal supplement does is to promote the induce the self destruction of prostate cancer cells through a process called apoptosis.
Conclusively, Zyfamend is a natural herbal supplement and not a drug. You must therefore take it as such. However, it is important to take this supplement under the recommendation of a certified health care professional.
Certain side effects and risks have been associated with this supplement but these are mild.One of such side effects as complained by some patients is diarrhea or bowel movement. That said, your doctor can help provide you with the best approach to deal with any side effect in the use of Zyfamend.
Prostate cancer is a slow growing cancer that can take about ten years to show its peculiar symptoms after diagnoses. It has been recorded by experts in the United States that one in six men are likely to be diagnosed of this condition in their life time.
This cancer is the second commonest type of cancer after skin cancer and second most deadly after lung cancer. With these details, it becomes necessary to take treatments of prostate cancer very serious.
While conventional treatment approach has been effective in treating prostate cancer, complementary and alternative therapy are equally effective in ensuring that the prostate tumors are reduced or the symptoms relieved. That said, it is important that we understand some of the best complementary and alternative therapies that can be applied to treat cancer of the prostate.
What complementary and alternative therapies mean
By complementary and alternative therapy for prostate cancer we are looking at two types of therapies. On the one side is “complementary” therapy. This is simply a treatment procedure that can be combined with other treatments for effective results.
On its own, complementary therapy is not conventional treatments accepted and approved by doctors, but it can be combined with conventional procedures. Alternative therapy is the second type of therapy. This therapy is administered alone and is not combined with conventional medications.
Examples of Complementary and Alternative therapies for prostate cancer include:
- Dietary Changes
- Hormonal balancing
- Intravenous Minerals and Vitamin Drips
- Stress management training s
- Sunlight exposure
- Oral Nutritional Supplements etc.
Among these options dietary supplements are widely used as treatment of prostate cancer. Intake of oral supplements that contain the following nutrients can help prevent and relieve symptoms of prostate cancer:
- essential fatty acids
- Vitamin A,B, C, D, and E
- amino acid
- Enzymes, etc
These can be given in pill, capsule, or liquid form. There are hundreds of products out there that contain nutritional supplements containing one or more of the above vitamins and minerals.
Other forms of complementary and alternative therapies can still be applied to improve the health of the patient of prostate cancer. As long as these do not involve the usual treatment of radical prostatectomy, radiation treatment, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, Cryotherapy, or active surveillance, etc.
Finally, ensure you get approval from your doctor when taking any complementary and alternative therapy.
If you have undergone any type of prostate cancer treatment there is no doubting the fact that you might have felt some inconveniences.
Pains, loss of blood, loss of weight, fatigue are some common signs that tell your body has been subjected to surgery, hormonal therapy, chemotherapy, or any form of radiation therapy.
After a successful treatment, you need to restore all lost cells and help your body naturally repair damaged tissues. To achieve this, good nutrition becomes necessary.
You need good diet or nutrition to restore lost energy and cells after prostate cancer treatment. There are strategies you can apply to achieve this and these are highlighted below:
- Drink plenty of fluid - You need to get hydrated at all times so the body can help to flush out impurities in your system. Also, hydration enables your basic organs and tissues to function well. Therefore, there is need to maintain a certain amount of fluids in the body. After your treatments, your doctor may advise you take enough quantity of water, fruit juices, beverages (without caffeine), broth, milk, etc. Vomiting and diarrhea are common symptoms prostate cancer treatments but with enough fluid in the body, these can be controlled.
- Keep to your calorie needs per time – You need to find out from a nutritionist or your doctor your calorie need. Since you have undergone this treatment of prostate cancer, there is the possibility you will lose weight. Ensure you eat enough to maintain the amount of calories you need in day and to restore your weight. Remember that excess calorie is not good for your body, so taking what is enough is best.
- Take enough protein – Protein helps to build and repair lost cells. Therefore, your food should be rich in protein so you can recover fast after prostate cancer treatment. The best sources of protein you should go for include fish, meat, poultry, milk, eggs, and beans. Knowing the estimated amount of protein you need is also crucial. You can still ask a nutritionist for this information.
- Take enough vitamins and minerals – You need the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of at least 100% to restore your nutrient after prostate cancer. The good thing is that there are many types of vitamin supplements that should be taken. No matter the source, you need the right quantity to keep you healthy. A nutritionist or dietician would be an invaluable specialist to consult during this time.
So, these are some important highlights on what you should eat after prostate cancer treatments. It is also important that you consult with a dietician to suggest the right amount of fluid, protein, calories, vitamins and minerals to take. He or she can also suggest the best sources of these food constituents to go for.